Tuesday, February 3, 2009

watching surf dvd's

While i was back home I shopped at the various surf shops just to see the type of new shirts and gear they had. I myself am not a surfer but i do bodyboard, or at least try to for the most part. So upon entering hawaiian Island creations @ Pearlridge, I watch a dvd that's being played on the outside tv screen. my fascination for the waves get me hooked on wanting to watch these dvd's. Fortunately, while in vegas, i subscribed to netflix (highly recomended). Just my luck, they carry surf dvd's. How awesome is that. Today i watched an instant dvd (streamed dvd through your computer or xbox 360 :D ) called bustin the door down.

This dvd showed the history of surfing back in the 70s. Surfing has been around for decades and one of the best surf spots in the world is said ti be on the North shore of oahu. Pretty crazy cuz me and a couple of people in the program talk about surfing and how the north shore is run by "the Hui."

said to be the most feared group on the north shore. "Da hui" stands for something greater than bullying around tourists who try to make their way to the shores. Many people say they are notorious for giving you a beatdown if you take their wave. Which for the most part I believe is true. Da hui was started back in the late 70's because of the aussies who tried to run hawaii. They were pretty good at what they did and got cocky with it. They then tried to publish an article saying that they were the top surfers compared to the Hawaiians, and the Hawaiians couldn't take any more from them. Thus Da hui was formed. pretty crazy dvd.
I just love watching the waves barrel and how crazy it must be to get caught in one of them.

waves can get pretty crazy out there. i love the water but i doubt i can ever be caught in a huge barrell someday. The force of the wave is just to massive. or what us hawaiians would say. "da ting is animal"!

No comments:

Post a Comment