Monday, September 7, 2009

bloods and crips: made in america


I look at different cultures and ask myself, why are blacks discriminated upon in life. I would say to myself, sometimes they chose to do the wrong thing and all it takes is just one person for it to look bad on every one else thats linked to them.

I recently watched a documentary on bloods and crips : Made in America and its sad to see these African Americans being targeted by society for the wrong reasons. It wasn't their fault that the previous generation was brought into a gang, but those who live in south central LA are born into gangs. Most of them have no way out. It saddens me to see how a country so great can establish a society in which a certain group of people are hated. Not because of their individuality, but because of their race and color. I'll admit, I sometimes get caught in the same mentality in which I'll start to judge based on what I see, but at the same time, being judgeamental is wrong. We live in a country where we are supposed to be free and yet we're oppressed by the corruption of our government. makes you wonder, does living in america actually mean you're in the "Land of the Free?"

No comments:

Post a Comment